In my sermon this past Sunday, I challenged the congregation to list 20 things they are thankful for; here are 10 things I’m thankful for with the other 10 coming later this week.
I’m thankful for:
1. God – who have me a hope and a future.
2. Jesus Christ – who saved me when I was lost.
3. The Holy Spirit – who advocates on my behalf.
4. My wife Elizabeth – who inspires me and is the love of my life.
5. For my son Elijah – who gives me overflowing joy.
6. For Rev. Nancy Hull and Charles Frye – who heard God’s call and gave me opportunities to succeed in life.
7. For Toastmasters International – which taught me the skills I needed to articulate clearly.
8. For Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University – which taught me a Biblical understanding of money.
9. The Bible – which tells the Story.
10. For Bluffton University – which taught me the way of non-violence and shaped the person I would become.
Stay tuned this week for next ten things I’m thankful for.